OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
Submission of various MIS reports to management on a periodic basis (Inventory report / receivables / fixed assets / TDS reconciliation)
• Ensuring that proper accounting is done for all expenditure (programming and Admin, personnel and S&D expenses) along with previous months and budgets to ensure that all expenditure have been accounted as per approved budgets along with approvals as per CG Policy.
• Co-ordination with statutory and internal audit team for timely completion of audits.
• Preparation of monthly tax( GST/ CGST/SGST / IGST), TDS, CST and VAT pay-out workings and get it reviewed by South taxation team.
• Ensure all taxes which includes filing of returns and making of statutory payments within due date.
• Having good understanding of SOX process and good understanding of corporate governance
• Preparation of Cash flow forecasting monthly and submission of the same to corporate treasury team
• Verification of bank payments to ensure all payments has been made as per agreed terms and conditions and credit period.
• Ensuring that bank reconciliation statements are prepared on a periodical basis and timely closing of all open items lying in the BRS and submission of the same to corporate team.
• Preparation of controllership documents
• Independently work with SAP teams to implement new process with respect to Finance and accounts along with assisting the team members on case to case base in SAP by coordinating with SAP core team.
* General Ledger
Strong knowledge in SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.