OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television. FOX has 208 FOX Affiliates, including 17 stations owned and operated by the Company, which reach approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week, as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. Through the FOX NOW app, FOX viewers can watch full episodes of their favorite FOX shows on a variety of digital platforms, while enjoying enhanced interactive and social capabilities around those shows.
The Research Analyst at FOX Broadcasting will provide support to all of FBC by providing key metrics and analyses. With a focus on FOX primetime entertainment, responsibilities will include creating and distributing daily rating reports, generating FOX programming estimates, preparing highlights for Publicity, ensuring FOX and competitive program tracks are maintained and updated, and fielding client requests. This position will report to the VP of Audience Research and is an opportunity for a highly organized and strategic thinker to join a dynamic team.
- Provide daily and weekly ratings reports;
- Maintain key tracking and trending reports;
- Analyze and interpret data;
- Create projections and highlights for nightly broadcast programming;
- Generate comprehensive analyses of FOX’s ratings performance and the competitive landscape;
- Provide forecasting for currency estimates as well as total viewership metrics, across both linear and digital platforms;
- Develop actionable research-backed findings for use in presentations; and
- Respond to requests from other departments including Finance, Sales, Revenue Analysis, Marketing, Publicity and Scheduling.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Advanced degree (MA, MBA) is valued, but not required;
- Strong interest in working within the entertainment / media industry;
- Ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience or an internship in media research or similarly analytical field, with a background using Nielsen data and systems (NPOWER, NNTV);
- Detailed-oriented with superior organization and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of statistics & research methodologies preferred;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experience with Excel data sets including creating formulas, formatting, pivot tables and macros;
- Familiarity with Digital Research is preferred;
- Knowledge of key media terminology and research’s role in supporting and driving network performance;
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills; and
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work effectively under strict time constraints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search