Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Infrastructure Engineer is a senior member of the Infrastructure Services team. Infrastructure Services is responsible for the Studio’s Linux-based server, storage, and security infrastructure, and production network.
The successful candidate is comfortable working as a senior member of a large, diverse technical team that has daily interactions with the Studio’s software engineers and digital artists.
Areas of focus include:
- Securing the Studio’s assets according to best practices and industry standards.
- Continual improvement of the Studio’s Linux infrastructure and processes.
- Maintaining a secure and highly available infrastructure that meets or exceeds current best practices and industry standards.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and remediating systems performance, utilization, and availability issues.
- Technical expertise in responding to production problems, including post mortem analysis and remediation.
- Contribute to project-based implementation teams with a focus on complex cross-platform integration projects.
- Comfortable with working with a highly technical team and daily interactions with the Studio’s software engineers and digital artists.
- Ensuring that the Studio’s Linux-based security, server, storage infrastructure, and production network, is available and responsive.
- Balancing tickets and problem resolution work with a portfolio of infrastructure project work.
- Proven troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution skills.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer candidate will have a 5 to 10 years of Linux administration experience with infrastructure technologies. Experience with animation, film or television production systems is a plus.
- Linux administration and scripting. A high-degree of Linux administration experience, including command line and scripting expertise, is a base requirement for this position.
- Programming. Demonstrable experience with scripting languages such as bash, Perl, Python, or Go. An understanding of C programming is a plus.
- Servers and Operating Systems. Experience supporting large-scale Enterprise Linux server environments. Experience with client-server programming, compiling and installing open source software is a plus.
- Networking. A thorough understanding of the requirements for implementing and managing a high-performance network and distributed computing environment, including:
- Physical network infrastructure, including copper and fiber cabling, network switch installation and configuration.
- Network protocols and the principles of routing.
- Network security.
- Virtualization. Administration experience with VMware ESX cluster and Docker.
- Network Attached Storage. Experience supporting NAS file systems is required. Experience with Isilon, NetApp, and ZFS NAS storage solutions is a plus.
- Security. Supporting a security infrastructure based on next-generation firewall and best practices end point security.
- Enterprise Linux, macOS and Windows workstations. Working experience with Red Hat/CentOS, macOS and Windows production workstation environments, including integration, performance improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Tape Backup. Implementation, configuration and management of enterprise tape backup systems. Experience with EMC Networker and SpectraLogic tape libraries is a plus.
- Data Center Management. Experience with rack, server and cable management, and directing the work of air conditioning, power and air conditioning vendors.
- Emergency Response. Experience with taking a leadership role in technical and security incident management and resolution.
- Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively and accurately with management, systems administration team members, customers and vendors is a core job responsibility.
- Focused and detail-oriented. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects. Process oriented, but flexible around business needs.
- Documentation. Thorough record keeping and documentation including technical documentation of procedures and code, and project, task, and time tracking.
- Project Management. A proven track record for managing multiple projects, priorities and tasks.
- Work Habits. Able to handle a heavy, diverse workload in an organized, systematic way. The ability to contribute at a high level while maintaining perspective and a sense of humor.
- Education. College degree in computer science or the equivalent infrastructure administration experience in a production, business or university environment.
- A proven technical aptitude, indicated on resume and supported by technical references, to deliver comprehensive infrastructure support in a production environment.
- Serve as a representative of Blue Sky Studios, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, teamwork and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Studio.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands
- The Systems department provides 24/7 support for some production critical systems. Flexible working hours are required, including occasional early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Some systems maintenance is scheduled for early morning, evening or weekend hours.
- Walking, bending, sitting and lifting up to 50lbs and using a pallet jack to move inventory is required on a regular basis.
- Office working environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search