OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Networks GroupWe are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Position Summary (The Role)
• The Producer is responsible for the development of programming and the supervision of that programming through delivery and broadcast. He/she must successfully collaborate with production companies to provide editorial guidance that enables producers to create compelling visual content with powerful storytelling, resulting in entertaining programs that meet/exceed ratings goals. He/she must protect programming investment dollars by making sure budgets are reasonable and that production companies deliver according to expectation.
• Specifically, this SP’s primary responsibility will be to develop, pitch, manage and supervise client funded short & longform productions – working directly with FNG’s regional Adsales teams, clients, and with a reporting line to the VP of Ad Sales.
Key Job Responsibilities and key KPIs (key performance indicators)
• Collaborate with Ad Sales to implement the programming solutions strategy during every phase of production: pre-production, casting, scripting, rough-cuts, fine cut and final delivery.
• Create high quality, entertaining and engaging programming that exceeds expectations.
• Create and maintain robust relationships with production companies in order to develop new programming ideas for the network / clients.
• Receive and review pitches from external production companies and develop ideas internally that are identified as high priorities.
• Work closely with Production Management to maintain highest editorial standards within budgetary requirements. Provide timely feedback to production companies to maintain production schedule and to make sure all contractual obligations are met.
• Deliver shows that are on budget and schedule.
What are we looking for in the potential candidates :
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years, high-level, supervisory editorial experience overseeing cable non-fiction program production for production company or cable network.
• Minimum 5-7 years overall experience in TV production and/or broadcasting
• Possess excellent communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills.
• Proficient in spoken and written English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.