Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
The Guest Services Specialist at National Geographic Expeditions is a traveler-facing position accountable and responsible for the management of a regional team’s guest communication and service. The Specialist interacts with travelers on sophisticated, luxury travel programs from the time of booking through the time of travel. The position has autonomous, decision-making authority with regard to guest recovery issues that affect program profitability.
- Accountable and responsible for the management of hundreds of client relationships within the team’s specified region from the time of booking through post-trip communication for complex, high-volume travel products. Makes decisions and advises direct report(s) on the disposition of client issues and concerns that have direct financial impact on program profitability. Advises travelers on the nature of international travel, troubleshoots traveler issues and concerns, and provides comprehensive and pertinent information while providing excellent customer service that exceeds expectations and helps clients understand the value of travelling with National Geographic. Mentors and advises direct report(s) on same. Supports and enforces National Geographic Expeditions systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Accountable for team’s timely collection of traveler payments and ensuring all invoices are accurate and up to date to avoid loss of revenue, as well as the receipt of all required paperwork including travel waivers to minimize company liability risk.
- Manages one or more Guest Services Coordinator(s).
- Accountable for accuracy and entry of team’s regional traveler details in database.
- Onboards and trains new team members as needed.
- Other tasks as needed – Assist in creation of trip evaluations, reconciling bookings with Sales teams, assists with creating insurance rosters for all booked travelers.
- B.A. degree or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience. Background in customer service, logistics or travel is desired. International travel experience to at least 2 different regions of the world is required and experience working with luxury-oriented clients is a plus.
- Destination Knowledge and Travel Experience: Experience traveling overseas is a must. Our travelers are typically well-educated and well-traveled and the ability to talk about destinations from a first-hand experience is important. Managing group logistics and having served as a Tour Leader in the past is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ideal candidates will have superb people skills, a dynamic personality, be a sophisticated conversationalist, confident, empathetic and friendly. Must be comfortable talking with clients on the phone. Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, find creative solutions to challenging situations, and present complicated information in a clear and simple manner.
- Organizational Skills: The candidate must be highly organized, able to multi-task, and manage hundreds of travelers with numerous itineraries and destinations.
- Detail Orientation: Attention to detail is critical. Unwavering accuracy, excellent and systematic organizational skills, and flawless attention to detail is necessary.
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and common Internet browsers and applications. A background using QuickBase, other databases, or CRM software is a plus.
- Customer Service Orientation: Commitment to delivering the highest level of quality and service to clients. Experience working with luxury-oriented clients is highly desired.
- Work Ethic: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. The candidate must be willing to lend a hand with any urgent task that may arise. A willingness to be involved in every aspect of the trip development process is important. A positive attitude is essential and a key to be successful in the position.
- Eligibility: You must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search