Specialist, Sales (Land, Family, Active & Private)
Job Number: R10009025
Brand: National Geographic
Job Type: Customer Service & Support, Operations, Sales
Location: Evanston, Illinois, United States of America
Job Posting Date: December 5, 2019
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
The Sales Specialist – Land, Family, Active and Private Expeditions is a key member of the National Geographic Expeditions sales team which is responsible for selling a variety of travel products. This Sales Specialist will be primarily responsible for selling Land Expeditions, Family Expeditions, Active Expeditions, and Private Expeditions directly to consumers and travel agents. He/she is responsible for discussing various trip itineraries with interested travelers and coordinating reservations to generate revenue through bookings. He/she will also lead a small team responsible for products by region.
- Phones: Answer phone calls directed to the general National Geographic Expeditions line from travelers and travel advisors. Discuss various trip types and destinations in detail. Learn more about the client’s needs and interests to recommend the best trip option. Check availability with operators when necessary. Schedule follow-ups. Collect detailed traveler information including payment information. Process bookings. Place travelers on the waitlist.
- Email: Answer emails and website inquiries sent from travelers and travel advisors interested in NGE. Discuss various trip types and destinations in detail. Learn more about the client’s needs and interests to recommend the best trip option. Check availability with operators when necessary. Schedule follow-ups. Collect detailed traveler information including payment information. Process bookings. Place travelers on the waitlist.
- Team Management: Manage small team of 1-3 individuals. Responsible for team’s overall performance. Delegate tasks responsibilities. Train new hires. Provide one-on-one mentoring when necessary. Schedule check-ins.
- Data: Enter and maintain accurate trip, passenger, and inventory information in our multiple databases. Manage holds, waitlists, and long-term follow ups. Send confirmation emails. Share booking information with other teams.
- Internal Communication: Communicate with other team members regarding inventory, waitlists, bookings, etc. Discuss trips in more detail with other departments. Check inventory. Train on new trip offerings. Meet with external operators to discuss destinations.
- Sales Resources: Update sales team’s information for trips and destinations. Create processes and manuals for the team. Review resources created by direct reports.
- Overflow/Back-Up for Partnership and Private Jet Sales.
- Other tasks as necessary to support/lead the team.
- Special projects as assigned by managers.
- B.A. degree and 2-4 years of related experience and/or training required. Background in sales, customer service, travel, or working with luxury-oriented clients required. Some international travel experience is required. Management experience preferred.
- Impeccable oral communication skills and strong writing skills. Spanish language skills preferred. Must be able to present complicated information in a clear and simple manner. Must be comfortable speaking on the phone. Rapport and conversational skills a plus. Must be able to delegate responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions for challenging situations. Invoicing and budgeting experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and common Internet browsers and applications. A background using QuickBase, Peak 15, or other databases or CRM software is a plus.
- The candidate must be extremely organized and able to manage his/her time efficiently. He/she must be incredibly detail-oriented and demonstrate kindness and patience when working with clients. He/she must be able to work well under pressure. He/she must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. He/she must be committed to delivering the highest level of quality and service to clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search