OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYtrue[x]We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Technical Project Manager (Contractor)
true[X] is a next-gen digital ad-tech company that powers engagement advertising for some of the world's top
brands. In today's online landscape where consumer attention is hard to capture, true[X] interactive ads deliver
better results through deeper engagement by delivering an improved consumer experience and more powerful
brand interaction. As a pioneer and recognized leader in engagement marketing, true[X] enables advertisers to
reach consumers where they are most passionately engaged across the web, mobile and connected devices.
Founded in 2007 in Los Angeles the team has grown, and offices have expanded to cities such as Atlanta, Chicago,
New York and a brand-new office in Seattle. Even as a division of Fox, true[X] has been able to maintain a startup
type culture while continuing to crush competition and consistently expanding business. true[X] has customers
worldwide connecting people on all interactive devices. Some of their clients include ABC, Freeform, Hulu, Zillow,
Google, Amazon, Fox, AT&T, FX, DramaFever, GSN, Pandora, Zynga, L’Oreal, Dodge, BestBuy, Microsoft, Toyota
As a Technical Project Manager supporting the Product and Technology organization, you are an integral member
of the product team driving operational efficiencies to reduce cost and time to market. You are expected to
partner with product managers and engineers, helping to ensure requirements are fleshed out and that engineers
have what is needed to code from start to finish. You are the first line of defense in identifying the necessary
information for critical issues while being able to maintain internal/external relationships without the help of an
engineer. This requires you to be fluent in both technology to be able to work with developers, and the language
of product marketing, and operations. true[X] is a fast-paced environment and you are expected to dive deep into
ad serving technology, distributed systems and get your hands dirty with details. You should be able to run a
scrum team and manage backlogs and prioritize work for the engineers across multiple programs. Above all else,
you are expected to manage the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project; lead with vision, plan with
foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace. This is an individual contributor role initially.
● Drive the engineering coordination and execution focused towards launching various new projects.
● Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (internal and external) and product teams in
developing project schedules, milestones and risk analyses.
● Manage complex technical integrations with our publishers on desktop, mobile, and connected device.
● Coordinate with stakeholders to manage, track and control project issues to ensure timely delivery of
● Develop reports to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status.
● Oversee the creation of new processes and tools as necessary to support additional needs and
requirements of a fast-growing business; exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs,
projects, and products realistic and attainable within a given timeline.
● Create and manage the JIRA workflow which includes architecting JIRA taxonomy, sprints, release
schedules, software versioning and anything additional to create operational efficiencies.
● Document all technical requirements in Confluence and maintain the repository of our Products and
● Excellent communication and collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written
communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex
technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences. This is important when managing
internal and external stakeholders; be able to persuade without authority.
● 3+ experience as a Technical Project Manager ideally in advertising technology, broadcast and cable, or
associated technology media companies
● Experience as a Scrum Master and leading scrum ceremonies required
● Experience in generating project/program reports for executive management
● High degree of competency with project management including Agile methodology, identifying and
managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
● BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields.
● Cross-functional Project Management experience working among several groups such as: design, product
management, engineering, research and business stakeholders.
● Comfortable writing internally and externally facing technical documentation, supportive of true[X]’s
efforts to streamline product integration work with third parties such as publishers, advertisers,
technology service providers, and other technology players in the advertising and media ecosystem
● Attend and participate in design and architecture reviews and leverage this information in the design of
effective and dependable project plans.
● Coordinate all aspects of the release process for all true[X] products.
● High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on
● An ability to break down Epics into User Stories and help guide the team into breaking user stories into
● Contribute to maintaining and disseminating individual product roadmaps and true[X] global product
● Understanding of and experience with advertising technology specifications, ad servers, (VAST, VPAID,
MRAID, FreeWheel, DFP), products and their underlying technical flow
● Experience with connected TV devices (Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio,
Samsung, and more) and their related programming stacks
● Ability to contribute to the design of internal and external SDKs, APIs or equivalent particularly in Android,
tvOS, iOS, Roku, Web Services.
● Understand enough technology to be able to catch dependencies especially between teams.
● Experience with Agile development practices and Test-Driven Development
● Experience with video technologies, workflow and playback experiences (i.e. HLS, MPEG-DASH, SSAI, CSAI)
● Understand Continuous Deployment/Integration concepts for application development
● Have worked in an operations organization and understand platform support and development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.